Here’s one of my favorite recipes ever. Vary the flavor by using different extracts, orange zest . . . or leave the blueberries out entirely and use chocolate chips instead. There are so many ways to make this your favorite recipe, too.
Gluten Free Blueberry Muffins Recipe
Muffin Baking Tips
- A combination of gluten free flours usually gives the best result. Pick up a ready to use flour blend like Bob’s Red Mill or use your favorite all-purpose mix. Make your own rice flour blend by combining 6 cups brown rice flour, 2 cups potato starch, and 1 cup tapioca starch in a large container. Use this in recipes calling for a gluten-free flour blend.
- Using ½ cup of almond meal as part of your total flour mixture in this recipe will add moisture and enhance the texture of your muffins.
- Regular dairy milk can be substituted in this recipe. To sour any kind of milk, pour 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (or 2 tablespoons lemon juice) into a measuring cup and add milk to measure 1 cup. Stir and let sit for about 10 minutes.
- If you don’t have any brown sugar, just use all granulated sugar. And feel free to reduce the amount of sugar to your taste.
- You can make this recipe with unsoured milk also.
- Make sure the oven is preheated. Your muffins will be higher and better defined.